What we do
Formed in 1879, before the New Zealand Law Society was established, ADLS has been an independent membership organisation for the legal profession for over 140 years. And, while we originally had a focus of servicing Auckland only, we have proudly provided support and resources nationwide for many years now.
We continually strive to connect New Zealand lawyers with tools, training, support, and advocacy so we can collectively strive for excellence.
Membership with us unlocks multiple benefits ranging from member only access to events to discounts on CPD and WebForms to the ability to be on an ADLS Committee or become a Council Member.
We understand that not all of these benefits may suit students however so we’ve made sure that membership with ADLS will add value for you.
All students currently pursuing a law degree can sign up for an ADLS membership for free.
• A free online subscription to LawNews
• A 10% discount on legal textbooks at the ADLS bookstore
• A subscription to the ADLS Monday e-Bulletin
• Member pricing on a range of ADLS products and services
• The opportunity to apply for paid legal work jobs advertised by our Members
• Opportunities to meet and mingle with Newly Suited lawyers currently practicing where you can get career advice and start to build professional relationships
Why wait? Join today.